In last month’s blogs, we covered the crucial history and reemergence of the kettlebell. We also introduced Tom Grace, President of Black Iron Strength®, and developer of the Modern American Kettlebell. This month, we will will dive into the reasons why the 100% premium solid steel kettlebells are exactly what you want to add to your company fitness center, home gym, or if you are a professional trainer, you will want to highlight these kettlebells in your fitness portfolio.
Black Iron Strength® kettlebells are manufactured in the USA, making their kettlebells the highest quality available in the worldwide market. A distinguishing feature of the manufacturing process of Black Iron Strength® Kettlebells is the use of proprietary technology using a 25-ton press-through, making Black Iron Strength® Kettlebells virtually indestructible.
Black Iron Strength® kettlebells are an amazing tool to lose weight, gain strength and improve your fitness, simultaneously. They are the training method of choice for many power athletes, including wrestlers and martial artists. Kettlebell training activates a majority of our Bio-motor Abilities. That being the physiological compulsions that enable our bodies to complete a task. Our Bio-motor Abilities are: strength, endurance, speed, coordination, flexibility, agility and balance. Traditional or typical exercises don’t activate many of these abilities where kettlebells do. Matt Marchant, of Marchant Training Method, has researched and compiled identities of human Bio-motor Abilities. It is easy to see how Black Iron Strength® kettlebells, with their unique design, positions your body for stronger muscle gains versus a traditional bell.
The Bio-Motor Abilities:
- May be defined as: The ability to perform a task irrespective of time. You are strong if you can complete the task, the time it takes to do so is not a factor.
- Black Iron Strength® Kettlebells are a revolutionary design to take kettlebell training to a whole new level. The traditional kettlebell has a standard ball design, which places pinpoint pressure on the foreman. Black Iron Strength® kettlebells are ergonomically designed with a flat edge, which takes away the pressure point on the forearm.
- May be defined as: The ability to perform a task respective of time. Power is strength with time factored in - how quickly you can perform the same task.
- Not only does the rotating handle of the Black Iron Strength® kettlebell protect the user from injury, but the rotation of the handle takes kettlebell training to a new dimension. The rotating handle allows the user to move faster in training, as well as provides the user with a greater range of motion. The power output when training with the rotating handle is significantly higher that when training with a traditional kettlebell.
- May be defined as: The ability to perform a task respective of the duration required to complete the entire task. Endurance may incorporate strength and power over an extended period of time.
- In addition to the flat edge, the Black Iron Strength® kettlebell has a rotating handle that allows the user to perform the Olympic lifts with the kettlebell finishing on the front side of the forearm or the back of the forearm.
- May be defined as: The ability to increase or decrease the rate of velocity at which a task is performed or completed.
- Black Iron Strength® rotating handle allows you to work faster, time is saved when performing many kettlebell moves since this addition allows the kettlebell to move more fluidly around your body.
- May be defined as: The ability to transition between a series of smaller tasks involved in a larger task. Coordination of muscle contractions are dependent upon 1) recruitment (activation and deactivation) of individual motor units 2) rate coding (change in the firing of motor units) and 3) synchronization of motor units (involving more or less synchronization).
- The rotating handles protects the hands from callouses and the wrist from undue force vectors, as well as diminishes the impact of the force of the kettlebell landing on the user’s forearm. This design is so revolutionary that Black Iron Strength® has been awarded three (3) US Patents on their kettlebells.
- May be defined as: The ability to move a muscle, connective tissue, and a joint within its full physiologically determined range of motion.
- Black Iron Strength® engineers have developed a knurling pattern, which is the perfect depth for the user. The pattern is not too shallow where the user can lose their grip, which can often happen with sweaty hands. If the knurling pattern is too deep, it can cut into the user’s hand leaving blood on the handle. This knurling pattern has become the industry favorite.
- May be defined as: The ability to combine coordination, acceleration and deceleration in the performance of a task or series of tasks.
- The sleek profile of Black Iron Strength® kettlebells is at the cutting edge of functional exercise movements – they activate full body movements through coordinated physical effort, mental concentration and dynamic intensity. Kettlebells are ideal because they blend strength, power, cardiovascular fitness, dynamic core stability, mobility, flexibility, and balance into a ‘condensed’ training.
- May be defined as: The ability to control the proprioceptive, visual, and vestibular mechanisms of the body in relationship to space, while performing a task. (proprioceptive = muscles, visual = eyesight, vestibular = equilibrium/inner ear fluid).
- Black Iron Strength® Kettlebells are ergonomically designed to include beveled bell and head angle for improved comfort, safety and use. This design promotes balance from the kettlebell through the balls of the feet to maximize carry-over to ground base movement, improve speed, power, and agility on the ground.
Bio-motor Codependence: All eight abilities work in conjunction with each other at various times throughout a game/competition or within the same movement. This leads to various combinations such as: strength-speed and speed-strength.
Black Iron Strength® in Action
We have added a video of Rachel Button who is the owner and personal trainer at Button Up Fit, showing the awesome design and functionality of Black Iron Strength kettlebells. Melissa Miles, along with her trainer Rachel, demonstrate the ease of use that Black Iron Strength kettlebells provide. Melissa Miles played women’s basketball at West Point (USMA). She was in the second entering class of women who entered West Point. Melissa purchased Black Iron Strength® kettlebells for her home because she values the craftsmanship as well as the functionality of the product. If you would like to know more about opportunities to train with Rachel, click here! Rachel Button Personal Trainer
Are you ready to activate your Bio-motor abilities with kettlebell training?
Black Iron Strength® Kettlebells are available from 10 lb. to 75 lb. From 10 lbs. to 25 lb., the increments are in 2.5 lb. From 25 lb. to 75 lb., the increments are 5 lb. There are two handle choices available: Standard 1 ½ inch Handle and the CuLEAN® Antimicrobial Copper 1 3/8 inch Handle. Black Iron Strength® Kettlebells can be purchased as a single, pairs, or set.